Gatekeeper a new bird of prey!
It's the announcement you have been waiting for! Cedar Point amusement
park/resort, known around the globe as the leader in innovative coaster thrills, will take guests on a winged ride unlike anything else at the famed park when it debuts its newest roller coaster, GateKeeper, in 2013.
Track Length 4,164 feet, Lift Height 170 feet, Angle of Lift Hill 40 degrees, Vertical Drop164 feet, Time Approximately 2 minutes, 40 seconds, Maximum Speed 67 mph, Capacity 1,710 riders per hour
Elements of the ride include:
• Wing Over Drop - once riders crest the top of the lift hill, the coaster will rotate 180 degrees to the right, plummeting toward the ground at speeds of 65 mph!
• Immelmann - a maneuver where riders enter a half loop, go through a half twist and curve out in the opposite direction from which they came.
• Camelback - riders will fly over a giant, 105-foot-tall camelback hill that will be filled with "airtime!"
• Giant Flat Spin - a hair-raising 360-degree flip that will provide two different ride experiences for guests on each side of the train.
• Zero-G-Roll - a flying element that takes riders through two support towers that will dominate Cedar Point's new Main Entrance.
• Inclined Dive Loop - a tight, 180-degree turnaround pushes riders through an overbanked turn and rockets them back towards the station.
• 360° In-Line-Roll - an element that will take riders extremely close to the new massive support towers while flying over guests entering the park below.
• Camelback Drop - a quick drop that will help propel the train and its guests through the rides final thrilling element, the spiral.
• Spiral - GateKeeper's track rotates a wicked 360 degrees before bringing the coasters train back to the ride station.